Friday, September 26, 2014

SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES




September has been a pretty busy month for me. I had two weeks left of my summer holidays, I also started my final year of school and I am already dreading all the studying I'll have to go through. But let's not worry about that yet. Since I've been in Spain visiting my family for a month, I had a lot of time to relax and just spend my days at the beach. While being there I had access to a lot of make up products that I usually don't find in stores near home, so it was all very exciting for me. I obviously had to sneak a music fav into my  september favourites, because music and I are like Hermoine and Ron!

One of my absolute favourites this month, has been the Bourjois 'Chocolate Bronzer'. Since I did get quite tanned on my holidays, this Bronzer matched my skin perfectly. I normally don't like shimmery products, but the shimmer doesn't even show of on the skin, it just leaves a really healthy looking glow. 

Another product, which actually is a new addition to my collection, is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in the shade 111. I prefer a matte finish when it comes to lipsticks, so this one was right up my alley. I'm also quite surprised by my colour choice, because I'm usually a bit scared of wearing bold lipsticks myself. But this shade of red was just too beautiful to leave it behind in the store and I'm so happy for it to be mine now. It feels like this is actually a colour, that I can pull off without feeling weird.

The scent of the Especially Escada Elixir Eau de Parfum has left a trace everywhere I went the last month. Since describing scents isn't one of my strengths, I'll just tell you what it is supposed to smell like, according to the official Escada website: "rose petals with a crisp tone of pear, while aromatic ambrette seeds add a musky note". Basically it smells really nice and floral.

For my eye make up I loved using the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in the shade Bronze. The creamy texture just makes it so easy to apply on the upper lash line or on the water line. When being on holiday, I just used this without mascara or any other eye product. The bronze shade is also my favourite among the other colours I have.  

What would a monthly favourites post be without the perfect nail polishes. This month I've been wearing the Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Nail Polishes in the shade White Hot Love and the Pop Art Top Coat, as well as the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blueberry. The blue and the white shades are already pretty on their own, but the Top Coat just adds a little something to the nails. 

X by Ed Sheeran has been on replay basically for the last two months and I still can't get enough of it. He's just a lyrical genius and I still can't believe I got tickets to see him live on stage in November!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment